One scary finding today!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Smokin Joes son sent me a Traditions Trapper he picked up. The seller said it hadn't been fired. I think what he meant to say was... It was fired until it wouldn't fire anymore! :lol:

The breech/drum was completely plugged with heavy fouling like when you just swab the bore, without pumping water through it. It was actually a solid mass inside that I had to break up with a small file.

Bore is nice and clean, everything else was in top performing shape.

Snapshot000000_2.jpg

I took the nipple out to clean the threads and wrap the threads in plumbers tape and then got the biggest scare I've ever gotten while working on a black powder arm. Joes son is very lucky he didn't try to shoot it, because by some miracle the pistol did go off, the nipple most likely would not have held into the drum.
IMG_7956.jpg

After getting a new nipple, I finished cleaning the pistol and went out shooting to ensure accuracy, sights and triggers were working properly. They were and the pistol shoots just a touch to the right for my eyes. Triggers are set in the ounces with no creep whatsoever.

After shooting the pistol, I completely stripped it down, washed and oiled all the parts and put her all back together.

Fantastic shooting pistol! Its a lot smaller in your hands than it looks in pictures. Now.... I want one :slaps:
IMG_7966.jpg

Nice work and attention to detail.....They do shoot very nice....

YMHS
Hilljack

Latest posts

Back