Opening Day In Illinois

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will get one,(hang in there)! :) It's supposed to be allot cooler/colder by next season. This is the FIRST year I have taged out BEFORE,the wife! Ron

Ron I will soon be 70 and I still bowhunt "with a compound" and I also use my Omega. My wife really doesn't like for me to go alone and I know it is probably not a good idea. Most of my friends have quit hunting and are more into TV watching so I really don't have many options. I do let them know exactly where I will be and when to expect and I have the cell if they need me. I am headed back to North Alabama friday to my cabin for a few days of hunting. The rut seems to have finally started.

See ya Oh yeah nice deer.

oldwun,thanks! :) Yeah,it really hurts no to be "The Bull of the Woods" anymore dosen't it! Good luck,and safe hunting! Ron

Yesterday was the "first day" of the "second season" here in Illinois. (Now) I'm tagging along as a moral support member of the hunting group! It feels kinda strange,(I'm ussually on the other end trying to fill my tag). My wife is set up in a new location,on a old rail road bed over looking a valley with 5 trails intersecting in the middle of it. She is around 20 ft higher than the surrounding trails,so it might be a great setup. The dog and I are sitting in the SUV with the cell phone,getting a play by play of the action. One thing for sure I have learned is,deer hunting isn't much of a spectator sport(at least for me) :D So the Dog (Belle) and I are on "stand by" waiting for a confirmed kill call,then we take the Rhino out to retrive the deer( kinda like the paramedics at a ball game) but I'll be sleeping on and off :D ! Still a great time out in the field,with friends. Good luck to everyone,and hunt safe. Ron

Back