Other scopes in the Conquest and VX-III class?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaHunter

Reaction score
Really, I am just looking for your thoughts on this issue. I am giving one of my VX-I 2x7x33 scopes to a friend?s son for his birthday and this will open up a gun for a new scope this fall. It is currently on my HB. So when I get my SMI done it will most likely get my Zeiss 3.5x10x50. My current SMI/NEF has a Conquest 3x9x40. That leaves my Henry Ball without a scope. My first thoughts were the new Conquest 2.5-8X32 but I have not ruled out the VX-III 2.5-8x36mm. Does anyone have thoughts or practical experience with others like Kahles AH 2-7x36, Schmidt-Bender 1.5?6 x 42, or the higher end Burris products like the Euro Diamond 1.5X?6X?40mm? I think I really want to stay in lower magnification area so we can use this as a guideline. Cost is somewhat of an issue but not the overriding factor.

Thanks,

IndianaHunter

Does anyone have thoughts or practical experience with others like Kahles AH 2-7x36

I've ALMOST bought this scope about 10 times! I just have not gotten one. I'm SURE it would be a great scope. IMO the 2-7 is really a great power range. I've owned one Kahles, a 1.5-6X42 30mm. GREAT scope! Nug is the current owner! :lol: Maybe they have compared it to the Schmidt and Bender Zenith 1.5-6X42 that Jimmy has. I have a 2.5-10X56 Schmidt and Bender that is a nice scope as well.

Pat,
I have Euro Diamond 1.5-6X42. It is a good scope. Glass is pretty clear and has illuminated reticle. I do not like magnification adjustment on it. You have to turn whole ocular. I also have Kahles 1.5-6X42. Got it from Chuck. I think it is much better scope.
But if you want to get best of the best get a S&B.

Back