Parker Bullets WOW

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got some of Bob Parker's 275 gr Ballistic Extreme my Buddy and I were down at my gun range shooting rimfire at 75 yards I happen to have my Knight Disc Extreme with me So I thought I'll take 3 shots,before we quit.So I did what Bob recomaned and loaded 110 grns of Blackhorn 209,3 shots measured .680 outside to outside edge.had to quit was losing light want to go back by myself and work on this some more.Any one have any idea how fast these bullets are moving,and since they are heavier then my 200 grain bullets they only were 3/4 inch high at 80 yards I shoot Deer out to 150 any suggestions,Again Thanks Bob for a great bullet.

I have chronographed theh 275 BE at an average of 1845 fps mv out of my Accura MR using 110 gr BH209 and the Harvester red crush rib sabot. I got 1864 fps mv with the same load out of my Accura V2.

I have been trying them in Accura V2 LR.

Pretty consistent.

I have actually had best accuracy at near max load 84 gr weighed charge of BH.

Velocity is around 2070 fps @ 0 deg C/32 F.

I have shot this load out to 300 yards and it holds its group well.

The other day I tried Barnes 290 TMZ and at 100 yards I had 2 shots almost touching and almost perfect zero and in same spot as the 275gr B.E!

So next order for next season I am going to try some 300 gr B.E. seems my rifle appears to like heavier bullets??

Yes they seem to be an awesome bullet....even better if pushed faster....because the B.C improves the faster you shoot them.

In the non smoker section of the forum Douhan shot them into gel blocks at over 2200fps. They perform quite well considering their very light construction. They shoot excellent out of my NULA too. You really want to keep the BE in the boiler room. They make a mess hitting heavy bone.

To find an accurate load in mine....

I pre-weighed a bunch of loads....in 1 grain increments(weighed). 3 rounds each.

I foul and warm the bore then shoot 1st group over chrono.

Record results from chrono and measure the group.

Just like with centerfire and ocw you will usually get a couple accuracy nodes that have uniform velocity and a tighter group.

Between each group I cleaned breech plug.

I try to load the same way each time.

I index the the sabot, tap the side of barrel and tap buttstock on ground to settle the powder.

Use a spin jag bullet starter and seat with consistent pressure using spin jag.

I found 79, 83 +84 grains produced tighest groups and most uniform velocity.

After I shot at 100 yards I used Strelok Pro App, inputed velocity,temp, b.c etc etc to map my reticle and make a "dope" chart.....which was pretty much bang on at 200 and 300 yards.

The rifle shoots further than I plan to shoot....

Very pleased with CVA...

Latest posts

Back