Pedersoli Blue ridge rifle sight help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinyman162

Reaction score
I bought a Pedersoli blue ridge rifle in 54 caliber I went out to the range to shoot it and if I shoot it at fifty yards aiming at the bull eye it hits about 8 inches high.  It has buckhorn sights on it. the front sight has been filed down quite a bit.  My question is do I need a higher front sight or what, the buckhorn you can just move sighting left or right. Bought it for 200.00 and I would like to figure it out.  If I hold it about 8 inches low below the bull eye it groups good at the bull eye.  If you could help on this I bee thankful.

You could vary the powder charge and check the effect.  I presume you are shooting a round ball, and if so the patch could have an effecgt but not likely to be 8". Otherwise you need a taller front site, or raise the bottom of the buckhorn rear with some sort of filler.  You could use a little piece of modeling clay to get the right height and then maybe use epoxy for permanent fix.

I shooting roundball and tried 70 and 75grains three different patches I have another one I shoot 75 grains with peep sights and want to leave this one with open sights I will try a taller sight half to see if I can find one Thank You

Might check Track of the Wolf they have quite a selection. Al

If the front sight has been filed down you need a stock front sight. I owned that gun and the stock sights shot perfect. It never should have been filed.

Back