pedersoli flint horse pistol kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfd1

Reaction score
same as hawgslayer's (howdy bud!), about to build this puppy ...

kBifmkN.jpg

Fantastic!......love to see it when completed! I am saving up for a "horse pistol" that my buddy Lloyd built. With the poacher gun he offered thrown in together.....I can't pass up the price for the two.
This one was modeled after a London built gun with English walnut. Not a great photo.
MyFavoritePistol2%20637.jpg

Modeled after an original, the barrel is a bit thin and Lloyd said he wouldn't sell it to anybody else, who unfamiliar, might load it too much and blow the barrel.

Your stock looks like it has some good figure in it.......I'm often surprises at the quality of wood Pedersoli supplies either with kits or finished guns. My Mortimer is striped from one end to the other.

for all the offshore gun manufacturers, particularly those who make ml's and 19th century s/s cartridge guns, i haven't seen any of them offer better wood than pedersoli's offerings.  their walnut is just excellent.  gotta carve out some time to build this horse pistol, just finished an investarms hawken kit and have been very pleased finishing it with TOTW original oil finish.

Pedersoli uses American Walnut as far as I know on all there firearms.

mark1945 said:
Pedersoli uses American Walnut as far as I know on all there firearms.
no, not on all, but some.  the rest is euro walnut, which can easily be quite purty stuff, too.

Back