Pedersoli Kentucky Pistol - was it ever a smoothbore?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all the valuable advice and comments, I now am beginning a search for a new, rifled barrel. It may or may not be necessary, but I think I will take a conservative approach.

While looking for a barrel, I saw some mention of Pedersoli Kentucky pistols in kit form that were 50 cal. But even those were rifled. Maybe I can find a barrel from a kit pistol.
Thanks,
Ron

I certainly am not second-guessing any advice here, and am indeed concerned with the thin areas underneath the Sight Dovetails.

On one hand, a tight-fitting Sight may actually reinforce the area.

On the other hand, that Sight may just make a fine PROJECTILE when the Barrel bursts right underneath it !

Has the O/P contacted Pedersoli or an Authorized US Distributor for advice ?

However unlikely, this Pistol may be a genuine Pedersoli variation from some era.

If we wish to be extra critical here (and with firearms that is always wise), what material remains between the very bottom of the hole that is drilled and tapped for the Fore End Cap Screw and the Bore ?

Likely very little indeed.

Thanks for those thoughts!
I am going to contact a dealer, perhaps Cherry (they are a seller of Pedersoli rifles and pistols), and ask. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.
Ron

Back