Pedersoli Rocky Mtn Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigAl52

Reaction score
Anybody on this forum have one? If so how do you like it. Been watching one for sale on another site maple stock 54 cal. I still think the guy wants to much for it used. But will see. Some guys say to heavy other guys really like it. All of the customs I look at are the same weight 9 to 10 lbs. I hear there good shooters. Really like the looks of them and I would like a custom but don't want to spend that 2K price for one. Al

I have a maple .54 RMH and love it.  It is barrel heavy, but for me it hangs nice for shooting.  Mine is quite accurate.  It is probably the best production Hawken currently being made.  Very close to original specs.  They are up there in price, but like you said, a custom gun would cost you more.

Fyrstyk

I saw one yesterday on another forum that had "only a few shots through it" for $875 shipped.

-Joe

I saw the same one. It is nice, but I think the price is high.
There was an even nicer one some time ago that started at $800, but after several weeks sold for much less.
They are very nice, though.
TOTW has a custom made "Hawken" style rifle in a nice, striped maple for just a bit more.

Ron

On what forum are you scoping out this RMH?  I'd like to take a peek.   :bounce:

Americanlongrifles.org in the classified.

Ron

Ron
You must be talking about the one for 1200? The Griffth Hawken. I agree about the price on the the Pedersoli. He says Cabelas sells them for 1299.00. True they do now but they also had them on sale for 900 around Christmas time. Im thinking 800 shipped might be closer to a sale. Really like the GRRW at the Track but dont want to spend 2K for one. Al

Don't be in a hurry. Just keep looking and one will show up like you want for a price you like. Keep checking the For Sale areas of muzzleloading forums. That's where I found the one that's pictured in my post.

The one I was thinking of is a flintlock: Offhand Target Rifle, .45 caliber 36" barrel, large Siler flint lock, curly maple halfstock, adjustable rear sight, browned iron, no rib, used.
Price: $999.00

It is VERY similar to a percussion I have, even down to the lack of a barrel rib, but with iron sights.
BkhWM1.jpg

Ron

Latest posts

Back