Pentax 3-9x 40 whitetails unlimited with B plex

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Got a new scope, Pentax 3-9x40 mm, matte finish, ballistic plex reticle, whitetails unlimited model. Just a few comments of my initial impressions of this scope. Has good 1/4 moa clicks, sharp and audible, tracks well and pretty much correctly to the given adjustment. Scope over all seems stout and strong. Glass is bright and clear. One complaint is there is a little distortion near the edges of the glass. Not good in a 300 dollar scope. Overall very usable and will probably keep it just have to live with the one complaint.

Rifleman said:
Got a new scope, Pentax 3-9x40 mm, matte finish, ballistic plex reticle, whitetails unlimited model. Just a few comments of my initial impressions of this scope. Has good 1/4 moa clicks, sharp and audible, tracks well and pretty much correctly to the given adjustment. Scope over all seems stout and strong. Glass is bright and clear. One complaint is there is a little distortion near the edges of the glass. Not good in a 300 dollar scope. Overall very usable and will probably keep it just have to live with the one complaint.

What you have is exactly a Burris Fullfield II 3-9 x 40mm.

I stopped in at my local gunshop where I bought the scope yesterday and spoke with the owner about the distortion I was seeing at the edge of the Pentax I just bought. At first he acted like I was crazy but I get that alot, :lol: . Anyway we opened up several more of these he had in stock and examined them and found the same thing. He is a factory direct dealer and sells a lot of Pentax scopes so he called them up. The factory rep was very helpful. He said that there was no way those scopes should have left the factory and asked for all the scopes to be sent back asap. They also agreed to take my scope back and give me full credit and thanked me for bringing this to their attention. I picked out a new scope, Lightseeker 3-9x50 matte with ballistic plex. It is the next level up in quality. I just have to pay the difference in price, which I was happy to do. Since I did not have my scope with me, I gotta go back today and swap out the scopes. The Lightseeker was very clear edge to edge and seemed like a much better scope. So we will see if it holds up to the recoil of the Savage. I think it will as I had no problem with the other Pentax other than the distortion thing I mentioned. So this is scope number 3 for my HB and I hope the last. :lol:

Back