Peteo's BIG CAT PICS!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteo

Reaction score
We had a tourney down at Alton last weekend. Weighed in 5 fish for 90#s. My buddies won it with 8 fish for 211#s all caught bottom bouncing. We caught a 68# blue 1 hour before start. Almost all the fish we caught were drifting down the river bottom bouncing in 35 to 45 feet of water.

Hey Loggy,
I only took a couple as it was my partner Giggle Bills biggest blue to date. My other fishing bud took a couple of old 70 to 80 farmers down to Alton and those two old guys had the time of their lifes. They got into a mess of 40 to 55s. The one old farmer has 500 acres in Pike County and has been leasing it to out of staters for 20k a year. He said he is bumping the price up a little more this year and if those guys dont take it he can use it all he wants for a couple of more fishing trips.
Here are the pics of my partner Giggle Bill.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/p ... _01681.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/p ... _01671.jpg
And yes that little 1860 boat isnt very big when you fill it up with me and Giggles. He weighs in at 280 and Im just a little more petite at 245.

PETE's CATFISH PICS

Nice CATS Pete !!!!!! Bet that boat was loaded down for sure with all you/ them BIG BOYS ABOARD!!! :lol:

IMG_01681.jpg

IMG_01671.jpg
]

Man, those cats are fat! How do you walk in that boat??

On a side note, I still haven't caught a one from my pond this year........

Going to try some liver tonight. I've tried hotdogs, power bait (catfish), nightcrawlers and 2" live bluegills. I've tried all depths, from right on the bottom, to right under the surface - every 18" and only caught a turtle. I can't believe that they all died considering that I never saw a dead one.

Hey Blue-dot, You dont walk in my boat, you step real careful. With that water coming out of the wickets it is moving pretty fast and is bouncing all over from side to side you learn pretty quick to stay low and ready to drop down at any time. With all thcse bluegill in your pond you might have a tough time catching them. I would recommend when all else fails try a 1/4 stick of dynamite this would have been an optimum weekend being the 4th. You could have entertained the family and friends and also provided fish for the dinner. The medical society had a report about the 4th that stated that most emergency room accidents were by 25 to 35 year old males, inebriated, at a family picnic and the attendees all remembered him hollering "Hey watch this" right before he needed medical attention.

Loggy, I could not tell you how they eat. I dont kill and eat cats over 4#. I just like catching them. To tell you the truth the last cats that I cleaned were last Oct. for our big fish fry. We wound up with two 54 quart coolers of fillets. All this talk of catfish eating makes me hungry!

:D I like the smaller too Pete.

Well, today I'm off work and takin the family to the PA Cabela's Store. Gotta stock-up on some bottom bouncers. They nailed me for a German Folk/Craft Festival first so I must pay some dues before the real fun starts! :lol:

I have never been to a Cabelas store although I do order quite a bit from them. I have visited the Springfield, Mo. Bass Pro back in the 80s and that was quite a store. That is a good deal going to that German festival first. If you play your cards right and several of those big steins of beer later you might be able to talk momma into getting out her egg money and buying you something that you cant do without. Giggle Bill and I are going flathead fishing Friday night at our Lake Springfield. I sure would like to learn how to catch them regular on pole and line. With our local tourney only allowing a 6 fish limit and mostly channels being weighed with a high weight of 30# for a total a few of those 15 to 25 flatties would sure help at the wegh in.

Pete, been to the new BP Store that recently opened in Harrisburg, PA. Its "Sandlot Baseball" compared to Cabela's BIG LEAGUE stores...in both huntin & fishin! :lol: I rate BP a tad above Gander Mountain which aint sayin a hell of a lot. :lol:

Latest posts

Back