phoenix area shooting galleries

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsman1

Reaction score
I've never shot in galleries so am wondering if they allow black powder pistols? It's quite a ways out to shoot outside town, and I would like to sight in  a percussion pistol or two.

thanks, Backwoodsman :drunken:

Some places won't allow it due to the smoke and the enclosed range. Always give them a call and see if they allow it. If not, the neighbors will get used to the noise :lol:

:cheers: :cheers:

WELCOME to the forum :!: :!: :!: You'll get your answer soon. Here in the Chicago land area, there's only 1 indoor range that lets you shoot black powder inside so I would call them like Jon said so you don't waste your time. Good luck :Red tup:

Ray

backwoodsman said:
I've never shot in galleries so am wondering if they allow black powder pistols? It's quite a ways out to shoot outside town, and I would like to sight in  a percussion pistol or two.

thanks, Backwoodsman :drunken:
An indoor range that charges by the minute isn't conducive to satisfying black powder shooting.  Depending on where in town you live, consider the Ben Avery range at Black Canyon, or Phoenix Rod & Gun at South Mountain - right next door to the PHX Police academy, or in the East Valley at The Rio Salado / Usery Mtn Range. 

I once had a membership at Rio Salado, but live on the other side of town now & have a membership at Phoenix Rod & Gun.  Both places are black powder friendly.  Ben Avery gets a little carried away with some of their Regs, but they have a good safety record.

Back