"Possibles" on the Trail Cam

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
"Possibles" on the Trail Cam

I took these off my Trail Cams yesterday.  The Cams are one mile apart so I don't know if this is the same buck or not. 

PICT0140_zpsas0kof25.jpg

PICT0162_zpsrh6ylf3l.jpg

My deer season starts on October 19th and will go until December 31st, so it's possible I may run into this deer since I'll be hunting the same general area all season..

Re: "Possibles" on the Trail Cam

Going by tine length, I think they are 2 different deer. However, if they are nocturnal, it won't do you any good.

I agree Marty, 2 different bucks! Good Luck on putting your tag on one of them!

yep, either one is a shooter for sure! Nothing wrong with those bucks in any way.

Marty, good luck on killing a good buck.

Just before the rut starts find some buck scrapes or make some false scrapes. Hang a home made urine dripper over the scrape. Make sure there is a small branch that the buck can rub with his face.

i put doe in heat urine and dominant buck urine in the scrape and buck urine in the dripper. My homemade drippers use very little urine. They put a few drops every day on the scrape to keep it refreshed.

This will often make a nocturnal buck check his scrapes in the daytime. Several friends have killed big bucks at my doctored scrapes.

Best place to make false scrapes is along a tree line.

falcon said:
Marty, good luck on killing a good buck.  

i put doe in heat urine and dominant buck urine in the scrape and buck urine in the dripper.  My homemade drippers use very little urine.  They put a few drops every day on the scrape to keep it refreshed.  

This will often make a nocturnal buck  check his scrapes in the daytime.  Several friends have killed big bucks at my doctored scrapes.  

Best place to make false scrapes is along a tree line.
Thanks falcon.
Yep...like pat' knows too..I probably won't get a chance to see those nocturnal bucks now ...but might have a window of daylight hours in November when the rut kicks in.  The bucks and these morning does
PICT0156_zpssomnpwqy.jpg

PICT0149_zpsedk2ooo3.jpg

all seem drawn to my pre-rut scent.  Does are mighty tasty if I get ANY opportunity for sure :)

Falcon, I would be interested in any details you could share on making the "dripper".

Glenn

Fishunt said:
Falcon, I would be interested in any details you could share on making the "dripper".

Glenn
Falcon, your technique is one I've heard of before but not the details. I too am interested in more info.

Thanks.

I really enjoy the challenge of hunting a particular deer, whether it be the doe I saw today at noontime or this out-of-nowhere buck that suddenly appeared this weekend.  I set my trail cam up only 2 days ago and this guy showed-up at around 8:00 a.m.
PICT0023_-_Copy_zps9xxv0ejf.jpg

checking out the thermals along this hardwood ridge line.

falcon said:
That one is a real wallhanger.  
I'll certainly have my work cut out for me trying to out-smart this seasoned buck..but will have fun trying!  He's obviously very good at hide and seek. :lol:

that looks fake! awesome picture marty!

Marty, what's the GPS coordinates of your game camera?  I know where I'm hunting this fall.  :D

Fishunt said:
Now that is a pretty one and in daylight no less.
Go get him!
Glenn
This is why he's showing himself in daylight hours in mid-October.  The big boys get their pick of the harem and start early.
PICT0030_zpswiklyrll.jpg

PICT0025_-_Copy_zpsyblkom1m.jpg

:scratch: ...I don't know FG...they certainly don't look fake to me :face:
:lol!:

Wow Marty, Nice buck no doubt!  Now that you've got some time to hunt I believe those deer may be in for some trouble. Lots of acorns  this year in CT . Probably the same up your way i imagine?

oh yeah and by the way Marty,  I'd say three different bucks

Nice buck Marty! He is a shooter for sure. I hope he breeds several does before you get him!!

Greg

GregK said:
Nice buck Marty! He is a shooter for sure. I hope he breeds several does before you get him!!

Greg
Yep.  He's definitely got the favorable genetics to pass along.  The rut is probably my only prayer to even see him live.

Back