"Possibles" on the Trail Cam

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Possibles" on the Trail Cam

Has your season stared yet, and if so are you on the trail of those guys. Man you haven some nice "possibles" going for there. Likely you are 100% right you will see them during the rut only. I don't have to tell, but watch the deer and keep an eye out for rut behavior. Good luck to you, and by the way if you need help call. :D

_Dawg, my archery season starts in 12 hours :D :bounce:

For the past two weeks I've been getting trail cam pics practically on-demand overnight where-ever I set up.  As you can see most of the buck activity has been at night.   I pulled all my cams(time to hunt now) but here's a pic a few days ago of another rookie 
PICT0589-_Copy_zpsafd5ba46.jpg

drawn to my scents.  Nothing in the way of rubs so far, but I have seen scrape activity.
:dodo: :face: :Lights: :sleep: :) :sunny:

man is he a nice one! Sure wish i could have saw something like that this season!

good luck marty. nice cols morning. i'll hunt afternoon

Huntin_Dawg1215 said:
Good luck to you Marty, keep us posted.
Check out this 5" diameter eastern red cedar sparring post I came across the other day while hunting.  Stuck out like a sore thumb with all the foliage gone.  Likely belongs to the wall hanger in the photo above based on where I found it. That's been the extent of my hunting action so far.  

20151119_140852%20-%20Copy_zpsaoew0916.jpg

Sometimes those large rubs will fool a guy. I found a 'monster deer rub' in Alabama once. I sat near it for 2 days and saw 6 deer rub the tree, one of them was a doe. The largest buck I saw rub it was a forkhorn. It seems it was a community rub and every deer paid their respects.

I hope the monster is the main one rubbing that one. Good luck.

Looks promising to me.  Large bucks do rub small trees but they also like to rub the "big" ones too!

Good Luck Marty!

yeah marty, looks like a good sign post rub. big bucks, small bucks, i've heard they all use them. hang in there, one week till you get to carry the Apex !!!

Back