Powder Volume Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rks1949

Reaction score
In my Pro Hunter I shoot 120grs. (by volume) loose T7 in one load,and three Pyrodex pellets,with a 250gr. SW bullet in another load. I use a Nikon BDC scope,and both of the above loads shoot to the same POI. My question is,I prefer the Pyrodex pellet load to the T7 load (because of no crud ring problems with it). What volume of measure could I use with the loose Pyrodex to come up with the same ballistics? Would it be 150grs. ( by volume) of loose pyrodex?Any help would be appreciated. Ron

my guess would be 120 as you are already shooting. The only way to know for sure would be to chrony both loads but I would assume you are very close.

rks1949

Both Pyro Pellets and T7 pellets (excluding the new T7 mag pellet) are approximately equal to an equivelent load of loose BP or Pyro.

So if you are shooting 2/50 pellets (100 grains) - that is equal to 100 grains loose - same for 150 grains of either pellets ='s 150 grains of loose BP or Pyro.

150 grains of loose T7 is equal to about 172.5 grains of loose BP or Pyro.

127.5 grains of loose T7 is considered to be equal to 150 grains of BP or Pyro.... Swiss BP is in a category by itself it rates right up there with T7 and BH

Hope this helps...

Yes it does! :D Thanks,I wasn't sure about the Pyrodex loose powder,since it only took 120grs of T7 (loose) to get the same performance as the three Pyrodex pellets. Ron

Latest posts

Back