powder.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casper

Reaction score
I have two Traditions Tracker 209 rifles, so Black horn 209 is not an option with them. After using BH 209, I hate to go back to the other stuff. Is there anything like Black Mag 3 or MZ that works, Or do I have to use triple 7 or one of the other subs ?

If you're looking for a non swabbing between shots powder other then Black Horn 209.. try some 3f Shockey Gold. Its made by American Pioneer Powder Co. APP also shoots well. There is rumors that APP powder absorbs moisture. I have never hunted with it but shot pounds of it and never found that to be true. You can get off many times, over ten shots without swabbing. And when you do swab, the funny part is, the fouling is near the muzzle instead of the breech. Also it cleans with water. I shoot this in my 1858 revolver. Get the 3f because the 2f is so course that it is hard to pour.

+1 on the JSG 3f. If everyone tried the 3f it would be much more popular. Honestly do not know why they even sell the 2f kitty litter when the 3f is so much better.

I just picked up a pound of JSG 3F today. Now to get out and shoot it. :D

I tried the 2f way back and it was horrible. The 3f is better or has it improved in recent years? As I recall, both the accuracy and the velocity was nowhere near Pyro or Triple Seven

Back