Prayer Request / Updated 12/10

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I just got a call from Cape Fear Hospital in Fayetteville NC that my daughter Kelly (82nd Airborn @ Ft Brag) was in a car wreck tonight an is in critical condition.
Broken pelvis among other injuries
She is in surgery now.Her mother will be going up there shortly and I will stay home with the kids and hold down the fort
I have treatments on Monday.

Please pray for her and our family.

I know this is a hunting and shooting site and I hope I dont offend anyone with this post

Father,
You have knit us in the womb and we are wonderfully and fearfully made. I ask for your healing and complete restoration of function and health for Scott's daughter, and for peace and protection for the Saxman family, for your glory, in Jesus' name.

May God bless your daughter and your family. We'll pray for a speedy and full recovery.

The prayers of righteous men avails much. Our prayers here in Nebraska are with you and your family.
Zen

Will add your family to prayers. Hope things work out OK. I hate to hear about the younger people getting hurt. Us old guys sort of expect to take some knocks but like to see the kids have a little more fun.

Prayer

Lord, lay your healing hands on Kelly! Strength through prayer and yu and your family are in ours!

Kelly has been taken to surgery again to relieve the swelling of her brain due to her skull being fractured.
More broken bones are being found possably her back is broken.
She is in a coma and has not been consious since the impact.
She is on full life support the prognosis is not good.

The boy who was driving the car(also in the army) WAS DRUNK
He recieved and DUI and failure to yield tickett and has a broken arm he is resting comfortably at home.

I am trying to keep my faith and not lash out at this young man
I was young and stupid once,now I'm old and stupid.
Please pray for him as well.

He may need it!!!!!!

I have been told to stay home as I cant be trusted to behave as an adult but will behave as a father.Kelly is my Stepdaughter I have raised her for 18 of her 22 years.Her biological father has had little to do with her but has been contacted in case decisions need to be made as I am leagaly unable to make them.

If you have teenage kids or young adult children please let them read this and make them understand the dangers of drinking and driving and of a deviant lifestyle in general.

This can happen to anyone in an instant.

Either I or Ray will keep you informed.
Thank you all for your continued prayers,we need them.

Prayers sent......I don't know what to say, never been there just can imagine it....

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your daughter and your family.

Thanks everyone for being there.
I will keep you updated as I know things.
Just trying to maintain right now

saxman1, i feel for you and your family.The good Lord can heal all pain.Keep that in all yalls heart and soul.I 'll pray for daughter as well as your self and the rest of your family.

Done !!

I was glad to say a prayer for your daughter !!

Good Bless- RobK

I just talked to Karen (my Wife)
The night nurse let her stay in the room with Kelly
They are decreasing the meds every 2 hours (he coma is now medicaly induced) and Kelly is waking up,her eyes are as they should be
She can respond to verbal commands except is very weak on her left side.She cant talk,she has a tube in her throat.
She is wiggling toes and squeezing fingers and moving eyes as directed.
When asked if she was in pain she squeezed twice for BAD PAIN.
Pain is her friend at this point.
After these tests she is put back under so she can rest.

This is great news..

GOD IS GOOD

P.S. The boy's parents have hired a lawyer for him.
Apparently the state of NC will be filing charges for DUI and werckless endangerment and indiference.

I have yet to decide if any action should come from us.
If the boy is allowed to get a slap on the wrist he will learn nothing.

Back