Primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc67

Reaction score
I hadn't needed to buy primers in a long time, until a few days ago. Bought a box of Winchester 209 T7 primers. I've been using their 209 muzzleloader primers for years.

What difference can I expect with these T7 primers compared to the ones I've been using? I'll go do some shooting this weekend, just curious what to expect. By the way, I shoot T7 FFG.

The T7 primers are like the KleenBore primers in that they were designed in an attempt to cut down on the "crud ring" that T7 powder makes. They should be fine when used with T7.

I don't know if there is a difference but if there is, your POI may change. I use their T7 primers and I tried the Remington primers and my POI moved by 3 inches.

I use T7 pellets but I,m going to try BH209 this spring. I've got a buttload of the T7 primers, will they work with the BH209?

omegasmoke said:
I use T7 pellets but I,m going to try BH209 this spring. I've got a buttload of the T7 primers, will they work with the BH209?

Not recommended! Use standard shotgun primers.

omegasmoke said:

You could try them, but like stated above, they're not recommended. I wouldn't try them. Remington STS Primers work great for me. :)

I have had zero problems using the standard W-209 primer with Bh 209.
I hear the CCI's are good as well for the BH

Back