pro hunter help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mistake......JB bore paste. Knight suggests Flitz for cleaning and polishing as well (BTW). That was recomended by one of their techs.

ok guys range report 95grs. 777 3f cci primer 270 platinum pb first shot foul to foul barrel #2 1in high #3 next to #2 #4 4in high #5 8in high went home wie brush and clean barrel next morning back to range #1 foul #2 1in high #3 next to #2#4 touches #3 #5 8in high #6 4in low #7 5in high left to right is right on shots fly up and down i swab between shots 2 wet 2dry checked rings and base nothing loose what next???

shooting

Have someone else shoot a round of 3.

or

Start at 25 yards and get your patrtern w/ same grain. if you can't get a pattern at 25 you won't get it at 100.

or send it toi TC

Have someone else shoot a round of 3.

I think that is a good idea. Are your groups in a verticle string..don't vary much left/right? When shooting your muzzleloader hold it VERY firmly. Muzzleloaders such as the Encore, Omega, Triumph, etc tend to try to twist on you some...more than a bolt-action where the powder charge is more toward the front and recoil is more straight back.

PERSONALLY...I wouldn't give a crap how that muzzleloader is shooting Powerbelts...and I don't think that is really a good judge as to how accurate your muzzleloader is. Get some 250gr AND 200gr Shockwaves..... Shoot 3 shots of each at 100yds(swab between shots) using 90gr of your fffg Triple Se7en(about like 100gr ffg)....group should be less than 2 inches with one of those if EVERYTHING ELSE(REALLY clean bore, bases, rings, scope, any action screws, etc) are as they should be. BTW..don't allow the barrel to get TOO hot between shots. If it doesn't shoot a 2 inch group with 90gr fffg Triple Se7en with a either a 200gr or 250gr Shockwave send it back to TC.

It's REALLY hard to diagnose problems over the internet! :D

PERSONALLY...I wouldn't give a crap how that muzzleloader is shooting Powerbelts...and I don't think that is really a good judge as to how accurate your muzzleloader is.

+1 :lol:

oneshot52 said:
ok guys range report 95grs. 777 3f cci primer 270 platinum pb first shot foul to foul barrel #2 1in high #3 next to #2 #4 4in high #5 8in high went home wie brush and clean barrel next morning back to range #1 foul #2 1in high #3 next to #2#4 touches #3 #5 8in high #6 4in low #7 5in high left to right is right on shots fly up and down i swab between shots 2 wet 2dry checked rings and base nothing loose what next???

My Encore was shooting great then my groups open up like crazy , come to find out my butt stock was REALY loose . Check it !!

UtahRob said:
oneshot52 said:

Could be that it does like like the new gas seal. I know im not a fan of the new gas seal design. I'd try some 295 aerotips and switch to pyrodex. I know with my deer creek and my x150 i had, triple 7 would string my shots out at random.

Back