problem that I had at the range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
I have kicked around the idea of posting this for a few weeks. I know what the problem is, and do not need any help solving it, but decided to post it because it might help somebody else. That is if they pull the same stupid mistake that I did.

After the shoot the Rifleman had last spring my range box rode around in my truck for several weeks. The heat built up in the truck while it was parked in the sun "tempered" the sabots that were in my range box. The plastic is somewhat harder, and a little brittle. I tried to use them anyway :roll:, but found that they blow much easier, and leave an extreamly nasty buildup that is about the same consistancy as boat trailer wheel bearing grease.

You just about gota be a hillbilly around these parts. I thaught that you already knew that. :lol: :lol:

If you live up around Cayuga,you better be! My ex-wife was from there! Not really though,I used to go with my fatherinlaw to Wallace to shoot trap,met alot of nice people. Ron

Back