PROJECT

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin Loader, I really like that 1st one! Cool idea! I have never had a stuck bullet (knock on wood) But This would be a cool tool to keep in the bag of tricks!

I'm not much of a Purse style possibles bag kinda guy, I just recently upgraded my Possibles bag to an Ammo Type Can (Thank you Harleysboss!!) I had been using 2 plastic grocery bags doubled up and worked like a charm! bubba.50 Started a Revolution with the Ammo Can LOL!

I have 2 ammo cans: one for hunting, one for the range. The range can is the larger and is no problem to take. I bring the hunting can for the van. While I am in the field I hunt fairly compact, usually taking only 5 extra loads in addition to the one in the gun, a 9 primer block for a pocket and another for another pocket, a short bullet starter, and a plastic tube about 4" long with a piece of fine piano wire to poke out breech plug flash holes along with a drill bit to clean flash channels. And my knife. What more I could possibly need I can fit into coat pockets or my day pack.

I hunt a very small parcel of private land [11 acres] and it has a vertical rise of 470 feet from the house to the stand. I follow what amounts to be switchbacks to climb this hill and the ascent takes roughly 45 minutes. The rifle is on a sling and the pistol is holstered so hands are free. The binos are tucked inside whatever coat/jacket I am wearing to keep out of the way while going up.

This project bag looks like something fun for the traditionalist or purist hunters/shooters to pursue but for me hunting "practically" is paramount. At 67 I have too many things that I may need my hands for when I am climbing that hill and a bag like that swinging around just isn't going to happen. The utility side of the bag I can clearly see and I don't want to sound like I am knocking the project. I did mention the two ammo boxes for my hunting and range goodies....these just keep me organized and whatever I keep inside I am assured is safe and protected from the bumps and knocks that would happen with a bag full of the same stuff hanging in the closet.

Latest posts

Back