Projectiles - Sabots vs Powerbelts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ordered some Hornady XTP 300 grain, the below 265 grain that I suspect are Hornady FTX and some harvester crush rib sabots. I wanted the smooth but midway didn't have them. Graf's had the sabots but not the other items I needed so I went with midway this time. I will likely put together another order at Graf's in the future and add the smooth sabots then or maybe I'll try the MMP sabots since they offer free shipping.

Hoping to source powder and primers locally to avoid hazmat fees and once everything comes in I'll be ready to get some shots in!

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010678367?pid=117366

Since I switched to BH209 I found I can shoot several different loads accurately from my CVA Optima V2 LR. I like the 250 gr SST Hornady best with 90 gr of BH209

So I ordered some Hornady XTP 300 grain, the below 265 grain that I suspect are Hornady FTX and some harvester crush rib sabots. I wanted the smooth but midway didn't have them. Graf's had the sabots but not the other items I needed so I went with midway this time. I will likely put together another order at Graf's in the future and add the smooth sabots then or maybe I'll try the MMP sabots since they offer free shipping.

Hoping to source powder and primers locally to avoid hazmat fees and once everything comes in I'll be ready to get some shots in!

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010678367?pid=117366

If I am remembering correctly, you are shooting a newer CVA, they tend to have a tight bore. MMP sabots make 3 different 45-50 cal sabots with different thicknesses. HPH-12 is the thickest, followed by the HPH-24 and the thinnest is the HPH-3P-EZ Load. You MAY need the EZ Load sabots to load 452 bullets in you CVA.

If you call MMP you will probably get Connie - see if she might have a suggestion for your rifle.

If I am remembering correctly, you are shooting a newer CVA, they tend to have a tight bore. MMP sabots make 3 different 45-50 cal sabots with different thicknesses. HPH-12 is the thickest, followed by the HPH-24 and the thinnest is the HPH-3P-EZ Load. You MAY need the EZ Load sabots to load 452 bullets in you CVA.

If you call MMP you will probably get Connie - see if she might have a suggestion for your rifle.

Im betting the HPH-24 or Harvester EZ-Load sabots will fit and shoot best in a MR bore. Something like the lighter solid coppers might favor a tighter sabot. HPH-12 in black will be really tight and just slightly less in green. 3P-EZ would be worth a try with something like the 220gr 458 Bloodline instead of a .452 bullet.

So who's looking to get rid of some harvester 50/44 ez-load sabots?:cool:

So who's looking to get rid of some harvester 50/44 ez-load sabots?:cool:

You talking the slick sided green ones from Harvester? H5044G?

I have almost 4 full packages that turned out to be too tight for my H&R.

You talking the slick sided green ones from Harvester? H5044G?

I have almost 4 full packages that turned out to be too tight for my H&R.

Yes sir, please PM me if you want to get rid of them.

Latest posts

Back