Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuffy

Reaction score
I got the ML 10 I bought from Loggy drivin tacks. :D I have tested 250GR SST with 44 and 45 grains of 5744 and the 250 and 300 GR XTP with 44 and 45 grains of 5744. The 250 XTP with 44 grains of 5744 is going to be my hunting load. The 3 shot group was all touching. :shock: The 300 grin was a CLOSE second :D I am going to drill out the breech plug and clean the vent liner. Should I swab the barrell or leave it fouled for the best hunting accuracy??? :?

Should I swab the barrell or leave it fouled for the best hunting accuracy???

Hey Snuffy!
I woundn't do a THING! If it was shooting that good the last time you were at the range I wouldn't touch it! :yeah:

Is that the ML1 or ML11 and does it have the accutrigger?

I wouldn't touch it either. If you do clean it goa head and clean it realy good then make 1 more trip to the range before season starts to fire a few shots, and make sure that nothing has changed.

Its a ml 10 11 with the accu trigger. Should I pull the breech plug and drill it???

After you pile up your deer. I'm with the whole gang here; you have nothing to try to fix at the moment. :shock:

Don't do a thing.....I've noticed a point of impact shift after drilling out my breech plug. Wait 'til after the season.

If you are set on cleaning your bore and breach plug save some time to back to the range and adjust your zero because it will change. If you don't have the time, don't do anything. A dry swab down the bore should be all the cleaning you'll need to hunt

snuffy said:
I got the ML 10 I bought from Loggy drivin tacks. :D I have tested 250GR SST with 44 and 45 grains of 5744 and the 250 and 300 GR XTP with 44 and 45 grains of 5744. The 250 XTP with 44 grains of 5744 is going to be my hunting load. The 3 shot group was all touching. :shock: The 300 grin was a CLOSE second :D I am going to drill out the breech plug and clean the vent liner. Should I swab the barrell or leave it fouled for the best hunting accuracy??? :?

Great report snuffy!! Sure glad you got er shootin!

I do a swab between shots with litely dampened patch of cva sabot solvent then dry. Just something i always do i guess from cuttin my teeth on those bp flinters where i used tc 13. Probably not necessary just as many of the rituals we ml physo's go through. :lol:

Latest posts

Back