Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grant4353

Reaction score
Hi

I have a question, here it goes. I got a CVA Bobcat last year, and when i bought it I also bought amuntion and percussion caps for it, then I went home and loaded it and went to put the cap on it to fire it but it was too small for the nipple. So my dad had me put it in the basement, by the time i got more caps for it a few months had passed, and my dad said that gun powder is corrosive, so i was a little worried, so I tied a string to it and fired it from a distance, and it didn't explode or anything.....so a I cleaned the barrel out.

My question is, is it safe to fire?

Thanks a lot

Jonathan

As long as you had not fired the rifle the powder will not harm the barrel .The only time that this causes problems is when you shoot the rifle and then set it aside for months without cleaning . Just clean the rifle after you shoot it should keep the barrel in good shape. By the way you did do just what you should have done . Next time you could pull the bullet and then clean the gun.
Charlie.

Back