Range Day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to the range today to continue testing with an old CVA Optima and to shoot my new .45 Traditions Vortek.

I had added orings to my breech plugs and tried wrapping the plugs as well. Previously I had horrible blow back with the Optima but I am excited to say the Optima and Vortek were both spotless.

I only shot a couple groups out of the Optima with Bore Lock and Bore Driver without much luck. I may try a couple more charges before going back to XTPs and accepting 2MOA.

In the Traditions the 195 gr Barnes in blue harvester was promising with a 1.5” edge to edge group with 90 grs 777 FFFG. I’m going to continue refining that bullet with 85-95 gr testing. Those would have been shots 7-9 through the barrel.

I used my Garmin Xero C1 for the first time with a firearm and it was perfect. Set it on the bench turned it on and shot, no mess or fuss. It had no problems with sabots, I know I’ve seen that question on here before.

IMG_2414.jpegIMG_2413.pngIMG_2412.png.

Latest posts

Back