Rear Peep sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf172

Reaction score
I have a Johnson rear peep sight on my Kentucky. I did some measuring and the front sight is about 1/4" from the barrel to the top of the sight and the rear measures about 1/2" from the barrel up to the aperture. I heard to concentrate on the front sight so is the difference in height going to make any difference when I go to sight in. I hope that I explained it right.

Definitely need to shoot it.
I'd say to start close. 25 yards.
That's my plan once the weather gets better. The range I go to won't allow loading under the covered shooting stations so it's all out in the open. Someone else said right now I may be shooting high which is ok with me.

That's my plan once the weather gets better. The range I go to won't allow loading under the covered shooting stations so it's all out in the open. Someone else said right now I may be shooting high which is ok with me.
I usually do the initial shooting at 13 yards and get it close to point of aim at that range. Most of the time I’ll then be very close to point of aim at 100 yards.

Latest posts

Back