Remington 700ML stainlesss

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Condition, condition, condition. It could be worth nothing, or it could be maybe 350 with maybe more if it has a quality scope. Somebody might pay more.

When I worked in a gun shop for 5 years we would never payed more than $50 for a used muzzleloader. Many customers were put out by that offer and returned a week later for the $50.

Unfortunately the remington conversion is not very good. The one I had allowed so much blow back after 2 shots it wouldn't go off any more. That being said the stainless action is worth more than $50

Any glass on it?

If it has the remington or canadian 209 conversion, IMHO there is little advantage of using caps of some sort.

How is the stainless barrel on the interior? And if it is your friend how much do you value his friendship?

The 700ML in good shape, is a good solid rifle and can be made to utilize BH209 quite easily.

With a quality scope, I would offer $500, with the option for him to buy it back when he can, up to a year.

Is it a Remington 209 breech plug or a Badger ~ ASG such type? Barrel interior condition?For a simple bore check. Take a 45 acp case or such and polish the head bright. ( I have a round mirror I use)
Drop it down the barrel and inspect ( unloaded barrel of course)
Or if time permits pull the breech plug and inspect.
Those two areas are most important in evaluating a 209 ml.
Used scopes can be “ Caveat Emptor” .
Those that have a lifetime warranty for any owner will have or retain a better value.

This being said and sight unseen I’d say low $175 , high $300 w/o scope.
Hope this helps.
My 2cts.
Greg

The original Remington 209 system along with the Canadian version of the same are simply vented slam fire systems, not sealed 209 systems. Badger is a great upgrade!

Back