Replacement Black Diamond breech plug?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe T/C has them anymore think I called them a year or 2 ago and they told me they no longer have parts for them.. its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.. if you have your original you might send it to Bestill here on the forum and have him make you one.

TC no longer supports the Black Diamond. So much for " Lifetime warranty"...Fortunately they're not hard on plugs. Mine has 1650 rounds on it and is going strong.
I have an idea for a custom plug as I'm not especially thrilled with the mouth of the plug being larger than the groove diameter of the barrel. This is especially true of the 45 calibers as both 45 and 50 use the same plug.
The Omega plugs fit, but are a tad long. The 209 port can be threaded for a 5/16x20 nipple and shorted the plug from the front. The plug can be bored out for a typical plug style. It can be left as is though. I have a similar set up on my daughter's Traditions Tracker. Blowback is very light and ignition is fine with T7.
Another idea is find Omega Northwest Hunter plugs. They're actually Black Diamond plugs.

Confederate rifleman said:
...........The Omega plugs fit, but are a tad long. The 209 port can be threaded for a 5/16x20 nipple and shorted the plug from the front. The plug can be bored out for a typical plug style. It can be left as is though...............
Seems this would be quite straight forward; kinda easy to accomplish. Omega plugs are currently readily available.

you would have to be crazy to give 150.00 for any breech plug when as Ron says there's tons of Omega plugs available and you could get one made cheaper then that. I guess you can ask whatever you want but bet he has a long wait trying to sell it.

Back