Rifle Arrived Today - Problems Already - Minor ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm begging to think so to too. 
On the other hand, I don't have to do near as much wood carving.

Bear Claw said:
It would have been easier than what you've been through.
Oh, I don't know BC.  I can pretty much mess up anything I touch.  :)  Although, I usually get it worked out in the end. 

The lock has been fitted and the old trigger assembly (with experimental main spring repair)  is installed and working but, not to my liking.  I'm now waiting for the return of the new trigger assy I sent back to Deer Creek due to a broken main spring.  USPS says they got it Friday but, don't know if they have sent a new one yet.  I plan to call them tomorrow afternoon.

rowdyjoe said:
Bear Claw said:
I sent back to Deer Creek due to a broken main spring.  USPS says they got it Friday but, don't know if they have sent a new one yet.  I plan to call them tomorrow afternoon.
I bet your famous at Deer Creek after all of this going on ....   :affraid:   :x  8)  :confused:

conner said:
rowdyjoe said:
Bear Claw said:
I sent back to Deer Creek due to a broken main spring.  USPS says they got it Friday but, don't know if they have sent a new one yet.  I plan to call them tomorrow afternoon.
I bet your famous at Deer Creek after all of this going on ....   :affraid:   :x  8)  :confused:
Famous?  Infamous?  Object of pointing and giggles?  All of the above?   :oops:

Actually, I bought two products from them and sent one back because the main trigger spring was defective.  Not much to create a fuss over really.

The trigger assembly arrived today.  Thank you Deer Creek for the Excellent service

I installed the trigger assembly and after a bit of adjustment, it's working like a champ.  I now have an operational rifle and I'm all set to make smoke this coming Sat.    :D

Range report to follow.

Didn't get to got the range Sat. as we had rain and Tstorms most of the day.  Won't get to go 'til Wed. now as I have Dr. appts. today and tomorrow.  The good part is, the mud at the target line will have a chance to dry out a bit.

Yeeeeeee Hawwwwwww !!  Everything works great.  Accuracy is nothing to write home about yet but, I think it will come around with a bit of tinkering.  I was able to keep all shots on target at 50 yds but, it was difficult to get a good sight picture.  My trifocals are not focused for shooting with open sights and I need to get a pair of "shooting glasses" made.  
I had to cut my shooting session short today as my back is killing me.  I've had an ongoing issue with a torn ligament in my back and have been seeing a chiropractor.  I'll be going back to see him tomorrow thanks to the thumping this old smoke pole gave me today.  I'm glad I went but, am paying for it now.  :(

I recently bought .495 balls (Hornady swaged).  I've tried .490 (Speer swaged) and I think they are not tight enough in bore with an .011" compressed patch.  I'll give the larger ones a try on my next trip to the range.

Latest posts

Back