Rifleman gets one for the wall !! Oh YEAH !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Ok guys went out again this morning and took Mrs Rifleman. This was her first day of summer vacation. We had a great day. We caught 4 stripers.
9.5 lbs, 11.0 lbs,20.5 lbs, and I got my biggest striper to date a 26.5 lber!
It was 38 inches long and had a 26 inch girth. A big female full of eggs. I was shocked when she came up near the boat, and believe me I was tired by the time I got her in. We released the other 3 but I kept the big one for the wall. Now don't worry as stripers cannot reproduce in a landlocked reservoir so removing a female with eggs has no impact in this enviroment or I would not do it. We could have caught more but the limit here is two and even though I released the other 3 you never know if they will survive, so I quit for the day when I get my limit even when I practice catch and release. I think it is a sound practice with stripers. We started at 0430 and were done at 0615. The fish were still biting too but we quit anyway. I took the fish to the taxidermist allready and should get it back the first week of August.

This is the Mrs. with her 11lber
100_9683.jpg

Rifleman with his 26.5 lber
100_9678.jpg

Great striper Dwight, congrats to the both of you.

That is one FAT-DADDY-O......(talkin bout the fish), around here a fish of that size would be lucky to push 20lb's. The girth+length, will make that striper a beautiful mount!
Congrat's

(heading to the river now....)

Nice fish RMan!

:D Hey, recd your Storm Wildeye Shads today! Thanks...will send out the Calcuttas this weekend...Just picked them up yesterday at bait & tackle shop.

What did you catch the BIG ONE ON????

Now don't worry as stripers cannot reproduce in a landlocked reservoir so removing a female with eggs has no impact in this enviroment or I would not do it.

We could have caught more but the limit here is two and even though I released the other 3 you never know if they will survive, so I quit for the day when I get my limit even when I practice catch and release.

You know Dwight, those two statements say a lot about you. You are a true sportsman and have definitely moved up a notch or two in my book!

You even too the time to take your wife fishing! Good catch, both your wife and your stripers! GREAT GOING!

Way to go Dwight!!! Hats off to ya' :!: you got the biggest fish on the board this season. Congratulations are in order.

Rifleman said:
A fishing pole :wink:

Appreciate the tip!!!!! Cant blame ya for wanted to only disclose via a PM!! Thought maybe one of those Storms were the ticket! :lol: I promise secrecy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VENISONEATR said:
Way to go Dwight!!! Hats off to ya' :!: you got the biggest fish on the board this season. Congratulations are in order.

Note quite Jim. Dont forget Peteo's BIG CAT just caught a little while ago!! I think currently Petes 65LBS is the heaviest and his 36 pounder is No. 2. Third place is still damn good though considering the tremendous talent here on this Board!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have moved some threads over. I just posted Peteo's Thread.

Loggy said:
Note quite Jim. Dont forget Peteo's BIG CAT just caught a little while ago!! I think currently Petes 65LBS is the heaviest and his 36 pounder is No. 2. Third place is still damn good though considering the tremendous talent here on this Board!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have moved some threads over. I just posted Peteo's Thread.

You're right, I stand corrected. I also remember some pics a while back of some huge sturgeon.

Yeah I saw them Jim. Chas caught them & he had the length posted but no weight. We are gettin some real nice fish pics/stories here to hold us over till huntin season. :D

:lol: I think RMan is posturing to be a Pro Striper Guide? He did gave us a hint a while back. Anyone looking for a trip at Non-Pro Rates better book with him soon IMO! :lol:

Nice pictures! It seems that Mrs Rifleman brings good luck.
charlie

Rman, your wife looks like an angel and she must be to put up with you :lol: . You were lucky. When I take my wife fishing she usually catches the big one :D

Yeah she is an angel, been married for 18 years and she has proven herself over and over. Truly better then I deserve.

Gee R-man, you two are newly weds :D . It'll be 36 years for me and my angel this fall. They're all angels if they put us with us hunter and fisherman. Mine likes to fish but won't go hunting with me and is not too fond of wild meat but will have a little from time to time. She really likes my wild goose recipe though and can't get enough of that :)

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. R-man nice pics. You'll get a nice mount from the 26lber. Sound like Mrs. R-man is good luck. :)

Back