Rookie mistake

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I decided to go shooting at my cabin to damn hot in the city....so I get there and I wanted to shoot so I walked off the porch to my targets lift the gun after capping and my damn pellets got wet in the 9 days of rain we had it was so humid in there the walls sweated and ruined 4 boxes of pellets fml

So I decided to go shooting at my cabin to damn hot in the city....so I get there and I wanted to shoot so I walked off the porch to my targets lift the gun after capping and my damn pellets got wet in the 9 days of rain we had it was so humid in there the walls sweated and ruined 4 boxes of pellets fml
Sorry to hear of your troubles with them. Any black powder i open i put a dessicant pack in mine. I never have fooled with the pellets.

You can buy bulk silica dessicant on Amazon for a reasonable price. I'm storing my powder in a 50 ammo can with some in the bottom. Might be worth a shot, but if you load it with moisture, know you may have to dry the dessicant in the oven later.
Make sure you get some with the color changing so you know if it needs dried out though lol.

You can buy bulk silica dessicant on Amazon for a reasonable price. I'm storing my powder in a 50 ammo can with some in the bottom. Might be worth a shot, but if you load it with moisture, know you may have to dry the dessicant in the oven later.
Make sure you get some with the color changing so you know if it needs dried out though lol.
Hey that's good advise

I dried some pretty wet T7 pellets years ago in a dehydrator. I kept the pellets real far forward on the trays and did not use any heat. About 6 hours and bang.

I vacuum pack all my powder and pellets when I buy them in separate bags, so not only the factory seal helps keep them fresh, but the added vacuum bags that are both air and moisture proof is another layer of protection, you can soak them in a 5 gallon bucket of water and as long as the vacuum bag doesnt fail they will be dry...then after opening, I will store the open bottle or box in a tupperware container...you will never have moisture issues...

Latest posts

Back