Russian Boar ribs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
Tonight we decided to try an experiment with my porker's ribs. My pig was a boar and the meat has a strong flavor to it. I doubted the ribs would be good but I decided to give it a go anyway.

I took 1 package of Ribs and placed them in a pan of water (with some Worcestershire sauce to help cut the boar flavor) and once the water was at a boil I reduced to a simmer. I let it simmer for a bit then changed the water and Worcestershire sauce to remove some more of the boar flavor.

We then placed the ribs on the charcoal grill and added Bullseye Sweet Hickory smoke barbeque sauce and slow cooked them for a half hour.

ribs.jpg

Ribs and 1/2 baked potatoe with sour cream and butter. Successful experiement! The ribs had zero boar flavor. :D Angie said she couldn't tell the difference between these and regular ribs except they were a mite tougher.

Thats a good looking plate of food Patrick. That's just an appetizer portion though...right? :wink:

Wolf_River_Mike said:
Thats a good looking plate of food Patrick. That's just an appetizer portion though...right? :wink:

I fixed 1/2 the ribs I had. That's about 1/5th of what I fixed. :lol: The other half I'll fix later now that I know how to make em good.

Thanks for the tip Patrick! Looks yummy. :)

One thing for sure... i appreciate good ole domestic hog ribs so much more after experiencing wild boar! I loved dem before but even more now! :lol:

Latest posts

Back