Savage 10 FP range report...WOW!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatlander.54

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I tried the Savage 10FP out today, all I had available was some Remington 45 gr. Hollow Points so I wasnt expecting anything spectacular for this first outing.
The first 5 shots strung out in a vertical string @ 100 yards...it was terrible! Then it dawned on me..."Take the bipod off." So I did...WOW! What a difference! 3 shot groups @ 100 yards that we were covering with a dime! I have never seen Remington 45 gr HP shoot this good. :shock:

Heres one of the 2" orange stick-on dots I was shooting at, I managed to peel this one off without tearing it to shreds. 3 shots measuring 9/16" outside to outside. This rifle is definately a keeper, can you imagine what some good quality handloads will do for this rifle?? :wink: These groups were shot using the first vertical Mil Dot above the crosshairs @ 100 yards to hit the orange dot. Which put the shots impacting 2-1/4" high at 100 yards when using the crosshairs. What would that be? About a 200 yard zero?
Savage10-FP-1.jpg

Back