Savage laminated VS. synthetic

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mountain Man said:
While I really would like my gun to stay looking like it just came out of the box, it is, first and foremost, a hunting tool. When I hunt, I do not ride in an ATV up to the bottom of an insulated shooting house on level ground and climb a set of stairs to an easy chair with a carpeted shooting bench overlooking a large food plot. Besides the fact that places like that hardly exist in the mountains of East Tennessee, and cost a fortune when they do, I just don't think I'm particularly interested in that style of "hunting."
thats called "deer shootin" ,not hunting

Nic_58 said:
Bwana said:
The Lam seems to have a lot going for it but that one pound of extra weight keeps tugging at me.
There's no doubt about it, the Savage laminated is a HEAVY gun for sure. But, that weight is not all bad, you'll appreciate it when bench shooting heavy loads! You might notice that extra weight if you carry your gun a lot instead of stand hunting.

That extra pound in the stock should make life a little easier for your scope and mounts, as well.

Back