Save money at online auctions!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you see something on one of the sites like LiveAuctioner or Invaluable. Do not bid there!!

The have a surcharge of 5% or 10% over the auction site.

You will see the underlying site. Like Rock Island or the main site.

Click on the underlying site, register there and bid directly. Just knowing this saved me a ton of money this morning.

Can't agree more. We have local sportsman auction that charges between 18%- 25%. I always figure in the commission. I recently saw ammo going for about $7-10 a box over the local gun shop prices.

All I can say is verify all associated costs and requirements before bidding(Auction premium, FFL requirements, shipping and handling etc). I just won one on a proxibid auction. Winning bid $110.00, fees and taxes, new Total $148.00, FFL license $40.00, new Total $188.00, SHIPPING and HANDLING from Illinois to PA. $138.00. Grand Total to my hands $326.00 for a CVA Plainsman. This auction did not mention FFL Requirement and stated they used USPS for shipping. I'm currently asking for confirmation on the shipping and handling charges. The highest I've ever seen for muzzleloader shipping anywhere was $70.00. Learned an expensive lesson on this one.

Back