Schmidt Bender

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuffy

Reaction score
Anybody own one??? I'm looking for a scope that REALLY draws light. I need one that helps me see the most in the last seconds of light. I've heard very good things about the S&B. How do they compair to the Zeiss Conquest and the Kahles???

Yeah I have a Schmidt and Bender 2.5-10X56. GREAT scope! It was my first 30mm scope! I love the dials on the w/e adjustments that let you know EXACTLY where you are from optical center. BUT...my Swarovski PH 2.5-10X56 is a BETTER scope in virtually every way. Optically they are VERY close with a slight advantage to the Swarovski. The MAIN fault with the Schmidt and Bender is the pathetic w/e adjustment. If I remember correctly my scope only has about 20 inches of w/e adjustment. You practically HAVE to just mounts that have the rear windage adjustment screws(Redfield/Leupold-type). I've had rifles that I could not use the SB because of that! The PH Swarovski is lighter/shorter/more w/e adjustment. I'll also tell you THIS..My Leupold 3.5-10X50 is the best 1 inch scope I have and is VERY close to both of these scopes optically.

How does the Leupold stack up against the Zeiss Conquest??? Its hard to believe the Leupold is as nice as the Swarovski. :shock:

I have S&B 5-25 x 56 Police Marksman II LP and it is a great scope.
Hard to argue with Chuck.
Also I think it all depends of application.
You can find a lot of info on reliability of S&B scope and they are favorite for dangerous game and tactical guns.

How does the Leupold stack up against the Zeiss Conquest???

The best Conquest I have is the 3.5-10X44. It IS slightly brighter/crisper than my VX-III 3.5-10X40 but not quite as bright/crisp as as the VX-III 3.5-10X50. Remember..I said the big Leupold is CLOSE but not equal to the Swarovski. 8)

big6x6 said:
How does the Leupold stack up against the Zeiss Conquest???

The best Conquest I have is the 3.5-10X44. It IS slightly brighter/crisper than my VX-III 3.5-10X40 but not quite as bright/crisp as as the VX-III 3.5-10X50. Remember..I said the big Leupold is CLOSE but not equal to the Swarovski. 8)

Probably the Zeiss being brighter of the two mentioned is because its 44mm verses the 40mm of the Leupold. I think the two are pretty close to equal when you compare apples to apples as long as were talking about the Leupold Vari-x III or the VX-III. :wink:

Probably the Zeiss being brighter of the two mentioned is because its 44mm verses the 40mm of the Leupold. I think the two are pretty close to equal when you compare apples to apples

Absolutely!

I've got a Schmidt and Bender 2.5 - 10 x 56 and a 3.5 - 10 x 50 Kahles on my centerfire rifles. My impressions are that the Kahles (poor mans Swarovski) is clearer optically, but the reason I bought the S&B is at low light. It is the best low light scope I've ever seen, of course some of that is the 56mm obj and the 30mm tube. We've (friends and brother) compared some scopes one night at dark (Leupold, Zeiss, S&B). I was very surprised that the Zeiss (44mm) was the first out, next closely followed by the Leupold (50mm), then the S&B had another good 10 minutes, maybe even close to 15 after the others. I've done the same with my S&B and Kahles at night. The Kahles is pretty doggone good, but the S&B gives another 5 minutes, maybe a little more. I'll have to say though, for the price, if I had to buy another large objective scope, I'd buy a Kahles 3-12x56 (30mm tube). I think it is the best scope for the $, bar none. I really believe from what I've seen the Kahles scopes are every bit as good as the Swarovski, maybe even better.....I know, I know, but that is my impression from comparing when I bought the scope and I did say for the $, but maybe not even considering that....... but that is of course my pesonal opinion.

Now for Binoculars (I own Kahles 10x42), get the Swarovski EL's. They are the best bar none. My Kahles aren't bad for the $ though.

Just bought a 3-9x50 Buckmasters Nikon for the ML10-II. Impressions on it are that it is solid for a very reasonable price (street $250-$299). My muzzleloader season is 1 week here in NC so I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. Plus I had Cabela's points so it was nearly free for me. Low light test at my house was good. I'll have to have some real world experience. I don't think it will compare to my Kahles, but I'll be honest if it does.....I'd be surprised though.

Latest posts

Back