Scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoot 110grv of 777 and use a 265 gr Lehigh defense cf.
Maybe adrenaline keeps me from being sensitive to the recoil since I’ve need shooting the 7mm for a long long time and only shoot the in line occasionally.
TBH I've only shot 777 but a few times and my perception was that it wasn't nearly as violent as Blackhorn...in fact 777 is what I used in my wife's rifle because she's more recoil sensitive than I am. And I'm not calling 777 a "girls" powder either in case anyone thought that. My perception of it I that is pushes hard rather than kicks sharply. Blackhorn kicks sharply.

Academy happened to have one set of leupold rings that fit my scope and ML perfectly. After 1 range session with a best friend we have it at 3.5” at 100 yards. Ran out of time to really get it dialed in.

Still have plenty of powder and bullets. I’ve been using Winchester 209 primers. Probably have 50 left. But I also have a box of federal magnum 209 primers. Several years ago I bought some primers for a rainy day. Glad I did. Although I only have 1.5 boxes of 209 primers but 6800 miscellaneous primers for brass cases.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to try this infamous BH209. I will end up trying my home made powder before it becomes available with the current drought. I'm sure I’ll have people saying I’m going to blow myself up(it’s always a possibility & not to be taken lightly). I have extensive experience with chemistry and in the career of massive chemical plant operations, working with all sorts of potentially explosive and flammable molecules. Set, setting, awareness, limitations, knowledge, correct tools for the job, & of course common sense. I know many things I can’t do so I don’t.

I’ll give ya a call soon. That might have been a Biden bot ringing your phone. Or someone trying to sell an extended truck warranty.

Back