Serious Gun Vault!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking for a door for a "Safe Room." Guy had a whole modular vault on Craigslist. He had it at a friend's business. Been there 7 years and the friend was wearing thin. He told the seller to get it off his property or he would have it hauled to a dump and he, the seller would have to pay all fees associated.

I got it for next to nothing and had a friend of mine to haul it to my warehouse for $500!

BUT the problem was there were absolutely no directions. each of 20 panels about one ton each was different. It took me a week to figure out what panel went where. Borrowed fork lift and put the sucker together!

Caveat, I was wearing shorts while welding, bad idea, but no problems. When I started getting tiny burns stopped and put on blue jeans.

Second caveat this was in a period where I downloaded national anthems. ROUSERS! So the background "music" is from the Chinese National anthem in techno music. It is embedded in the video, can't take it out. Turn down your sound or like it.

So me, my wife, Anne, our shepherd mix, and four Cavalier King Charles Spaniels put this sucker up!

Hope you enjoy our crazies!

Last edited:
Cool video!
We built our current house in 2007. I had the front porch excavated down to the basement footers in order to put a gun room in. I bought a vault door from Golden Spike affiliated with Champion Safes. The gun room is surrounded by 10 inches of concrete and steel walls and ceiling.
IMG_9883.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool video!
We built our current house in 2007. I had the front porch excavated down to the basement footers in order to put a gun room in. I bought a vault door from Golden Spike affiliated with Champion Safes. The gun room is surrounded by 10 inches of concrete and steel walls and ceiling.
View attachment 43067

Is there some sort of moisture control inside the gun room?

Is there some sort of moisture control inside the gun room?
Yes, there is a duct line into the room. I have also cut small openings for air flow at opposite ends of the room.
I keep a small fan running continuously just to keep the air circulating. Never had a problem with moisture or rust on any guns in the room.

Hmmm...I suppose you could open a bank with that thing. :dance2:

Latest posts

Back