Shipping muzzleloader Knight LK-93

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh37

Reaction score
Do I need to ship a Knight LK-93 muzzleloader to an FFL?

I'm in MA and I need to ship my dad's gun back to him in IA. (Long story.) There's actually two muzzleloaders. One is clearly an "antique firearm" according to the amended Gun Control Act. The Knight, I'm not so sure.

I'm referring to this old thread in particular:
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/inde ... 62695.html

There's a list of in-line muzzleloaders that aren't exempt from the provision of the GCA, and while the Knight isn't on it, I don't know enough to be reasonably sure that it's an "antique" in the eyes of the ATF.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: any conclusions I draw from this thread are my own only; I'm aware that nothing posted here constitutes legal advice, blah blah blah.

As long as it is not listed as a Firearm according to the ATF you can ship it direct the LK93 is a muzzleloader you can not put a rifle barrel on it to shoot cartridges nor is it built upon a rifle or shotgun action like these guns listed

Savage Model 10ML
Mossberg 500 shotgun with muzzle loading barrel
Remington 870 shotgun with muzzle loading barrel
Mauser 98 rifle with muzzle loading barrel
SKS rifle with muzzle loading barrel
PB sM10 pistol with muzzle loading barrel
H&R/New England Firearm Huntsman
Thompson Center Encore/Contender
Rossi .50 muzzle loading rifle
Remington 700 ML

There are others but you get the idea Basically if you do not have to fill out a 4473 to purchase it you can ship it

I own three LK rifles. All were shipped to me VIA common mail or UPS. None had to go through a FFL. Now your State might be different, but I would just put it in a box and mail it UPS.

Back