Shockey's gold sticks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
I bought some of these but have not tried them in my Omega. For the most part everything that I have read has not been good... Has anyone shot these and had decent results,,, I'm not talking about sub one inch groups at 100 yards but a good solid two to three inch group? Thanks!

I have not shot them but I am curious why you bought them when you state "For the most part everything I have read has not been good."

Well...

I guess I didn't do my home work before buying... but hey If there good enough for Jim there good enough for me... 8)

Re: Well...

flint head said:
I guess I didn't do my home work before buying... but hey If there good enough for Jim there good enough for me... 8)

Really?

If I got paid what good ol jim gets paid I could live with 2-3" groups too!!!! :lol: :lol:

just jim

A friend of mine you shoots for Martin Archery told me that a combination Moose/Bear hunt with Jim Shockey ...is $29,000.

Can that be right???

I enjoy Jim's show... My Omega is shooting sub MOA with 110 grains of 777 fffg and a 250 grain Shockwave @ 100 yards... I just like to shoot my gun and try new things so I thought I would give the APP a try. Most ML shots are taken at around a 100 yards so If your gun regardless of powder/bullet combination is shooting two to three inch groups at that distance then everything you shoot at should be dead. It's all relative my friends... :wink: Now back to my Question, has anyone had good luck shooting the Shockey's gold sticks?

flint head,you have found a great load for your gun. Any time you get sub MOA out of a load,it's gonna be hard to top that. I can almost garentee,you won't get that kind of accuracy out of the SG. :)

Latest posts

Back