Shooters world black powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looked online and found "shooters world black powder" supposed to be clean burning, I have never heard of it. Does anyone have experience with it, how does it compare to triple se7en, BH 209, similar powder like that? Thanks

Looked online and found "shooters world black powder" supposed to be clean burning, I have never heard of it. Does anyone have experience with it, how does it compare to triple se7en, BH 209, similar powder like that? Thanks
I have been using this for about 6 months now and have found that it is about 70 fps slower then T7, However shoots cleaner. Less smoke and no crud ring. I have been using it in my in line CVA Wolf and Optima V2 and my sidelock T/c 54 renegade with no issues. Clean up just as good. I use moose milk (Balistol and water mix ) and really have no issues with this powder. I have approx 5 pounds now. Just wont spend the 80 per can for BH209 in my area. I have not taken any large game with it. I kill allot of targets. LOL. stay safe and shoot often

I also have been using it in my New CVA MR-X 45. Breaking 8 inch ceramic tiles out to 200+ yards. and Grouping sub MOA at 100. I am happy with the powder.

Who is the seller for this product?
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....f-black-black-powder-substitute-1-lb-by-lovex
www.midsouthshooterssupply.com

Shooters World Multi Purpose FFF Black Black Powder Substitute 1 Lb By Lovex

Shooters World Multi Purpose FFF Black Black Powder Substitute 1 Lb By Lovex by Shooters World SC NOTE* Shooters World LLC imports, distributes and supports Lovex propellants in the United States. Reloading data has been generated both with European CIP and American SAAMI methods. Both...

Shooters World Black 3F is great powder. Recently fired some of my best groups ever with the stuff.

Yeah, it's not as powerful as BH 209 but one can afford to use to use a larger charge. For the price of 8 ounces of BH 209 you get three pounds of Shooters World Black 3F.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/3500?page=3

Bullets by Scarlett sells American Pioneer black powder substitute, which is supposed to be the same as the shooters world(made in the same factory) for $349.44 per case, free shipping. Don't know if that includes hazmat fee or not.

I bought some at Natchez when they did a free Hazmat discount. So far, so good. In my experience I can load a follow up shot without swabbing, much easier with SW MPB than Triple Se7en loose. Not enough experience with it yet to comment on accuracy but certainly not bad. For hunting and easier loading this might be better than Triple Se7en but still probably not quite as good as Blackhorn. When cost factor is applied this seems to be very good powder. Just my opinion with a small sample size to observe. More tinkering and testing to come.

From what I understand its very similar to Alliant Black MZ which I really like but its now discontinued. I'm trying to locate some locally but having a problem doing that . I hate to pay a HAZMAT fee for one canister which would almost equal the cost of the powder.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back