Shoots high, TC doesnt make a higher front sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
I got my new front sight from tc today but it was the same one i had on the rifle and they said for me to send it in for barrel replacement and theres no way in heck i am going to trade in the barrel.

I was thinking about using a pop can shim under the front sight but i dont know if the screw will engage the threads after that shim is in place. Any thing else that i can do?

I was looking at the tru glo ghost ring but that sucks to have a quality rifle and sights that dont work. I added a shim for now. It that doesnt work, i'll take the spring out from under the rear sight and see if that will drop it some.

i also found that the front sight from an Apex i had will fit but i would have to slightly enlarge the screw hole for the head of the screw to pass through it.

sight

email bellm see what he has to say? or try his web site for info, i hate to see agood barrel tapped again.

frontier gander
Back when I had the shop I used to get somebody with that problem once in a while; I would thake a block of stock, usually just mild steel and mill a dove tail to match the female dove tail in the gun and a femail dove tail in the top put the block between the sight and the barrel and the sight is raised. If you dont have a mill, you can do this with a dove tail mill and a milling table on a drill press or if you take care and have a little patience you can do it with a hack saw and a 3 corner file, be sure to determine the higth needed be for you cut your stock. LEE

Gander , If my old one will work you are welcome to it. The new one should be here next week. I`ll measure them when the new one gets here.

Thank you rooster. I'll measure my sight and see.

Ok mine measures .473 And i have my rear sight bottomed All the way down!

I put a shim and i should have .480 front sight now.

frontier gander

Normally, TC sights come with a .500 front sight measured from the bottom of te dovetail to the top of the sight.

Williams makes a .450 and .550 for a dovetailed ML. Bottom of page

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/muzzle.htm

Muzzleloader Front Ramp FireSight:
Fits round or octagon barrels with dovetail. (overall height including dovetail)

click here to view a picture

OCTAGON Height Price
66656 .450 $18.95

66657 .500 $18.95

66658 .550 $18.95

Check these rifle beads out...

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/rifle.htm

Shoot all of this does not apply - I thought you were after a dovetail sight but after re-reading your post - looks like you are looking for something for the Omega.

Back