Short Lane adapter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
New sub forum, may as well make an appropriate post ...

Biggest issue with ML shotguns are limited choices and high cost. While you can find percussion and inline rifles for under $200, you wont find a ML shotgun at that price unless you get very lucky

Enter the Short Lane adapter. Shell shaped steel chamber plug that has a cut out for the host guns extractor/ejector and lets you seat a 209 primer. Converts any break action shotgun to 209 fired muzzle loader.

$50 adapter and a inexpensive single shot from the pawn shop and you are in business. A 5/8" dowel makes a handy if oversized ramrod.

New sub forum, may as well make an appropriate post ...

Biggest issue with ML shotguns are limited choices and high cost. While you can find percussion and inline rifles for under $200, you wont find a ML shotgun at that price unless you get very lucky

Enter the Short Lane adapter. Shell shaped steel chamber plug that has a cut out for the host guns extractor/ejector and lets you seat a 209 primer. Converts any break action shotgun to 209 fired muzzle loader.

$50 adapter and a inexpensive single shot from the pawn shop and you are in business. A 5/8" dowel makes a handy if oversized ramrod.
Thats the thing that you put in your old 12ga when you first started turkey hunting with me isn't it?
Thats the first time I'd ever seen anything like that. Its pretty dang cool.

Thats the thing that you put in your old 12ga when you first started turkey hunting with me isn't it?
Thats the first time I'd ever seen anything like that. Its pretty dang cool.
Yup

Not a lot different from puting a breech plug into a cva 45-70 to convert it, just no tools/smithing and in-n-out as needed.

Back