shots fired with the Mosin Nagant!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
picked up some hunt rounds for the mosin nagant yesterday and so i fired it this morning! Not a bad kicking rifle but the steel plate hurts my bony shoulder after 3 shots.

first shot on an oiled montana x treme conditioner bore was high, the next 2 shots left me smiling big time! Not to shabby for a rifle built in 1953!

50 yards,
000_2148.jpg

000_2149.jpg

Going to take it out to 100 yards next but use the lead sled this time so i enjoy it a bit more.

If it does ok, then it looks like a new synthetic stock and some other parts will be ordered for it. A good cheap, accurate and fun rifle!

Took it out to 75 yards and figured that i have to use the 300m setting on the sights for it to be on. Its 1 1/2" high at 75 yards. Should be perfect out to 200 yards.
000_2151.jpg

000_2153.jpg

000_2150.jpg

Upper 2 shots were my final shots of the day. Front sight had to be knocked over a bit to the left to bring it center.
000_2154.jpg

thats some great shooting there w/ the irons. i know what the triggers are like on these things too ... i have a 91/30 ex-sniper that was re-sniperized w/ a modern copy PU (fake) scope. dont even know how it shoots cause i just havent had the desire to bring it to the range. i have done some shooting w/ a regular 91/30 and, while the kick isn't brutal, that steel buttplate will get to you. precision shooting is even tougher cause its hard to tell w/ the trigger pull when its gonna break. still, thats the way these things were made, and you take em for what they are.

I have an M44 that I got about 8 years ago. Not a great rifle but also not a bad rifle especialy when you look at the fact taht I have under 100 in it. I have around 1000 rounds of bulk military ammo for it. I also have 200 brand new lapua brass and dies so after I burn up some of the bulk stuff just playin I will begin working on accuracy with my ownhandloads.

Extend that bayonet and you might get even tighter groups. :wink:(can't tell if bayonet was removed or not)

I have a 1938 mosin I use for deer hunting when I don't feel like bellowing smoke out the end of my Tradition's pursuit. Old mil-surplus rifles are fun indeed. Looks like yours is a good shooter no matter what.I have to use handloads to get groups of 2 inch or less.

One word of caution on the tupperware stock for em....they are cheap! expect some in letting to get it to sit right. Doesn't hurt to pillar and bed the action either. Check out boyds stocks.

here's mine.

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/mosin- ... mosin.html

good shooting,

Cell

Back