Sierra Bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcop

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Sierra Sportsmaster bullets? If so what did you think of their performance? I haven't seen any posts regarding this bullet, so if figure that they either haven't been tested, or they are just not any good. Would be interested in comments.

The 300 grain .4515 soft point shot very well in my Omega and a Black Diamond with MMP HPH12 sabots. I killed a couple deer with the bullet back in 2002-3, but have not shot it much since.

.430 Hornady XTP's shoot as well or better and are a little cheaper. But if the Sierra shot the best in my guns I would not hesitate to use it.

The first deer(doe) I ever shot with a muzzleloader was with a Sierra .4295 240gr JHC. She went down fast using a charge of 90gr Pyrodex RS. I just used the bullets I loaded in my .44 Mag so the choice was easy.

I have been useing the 300gr .429.5 with 90gr of powder SUPER Accurat
in my knight disc Extreme MHC they are a 1" shooter @100yds this is with the Harvester CR Sabot , I tryed them with a Harvester E_Z Load sabot & a MMP sabot and they contenued to shoot 3" Right & 3" low but are great with the RC Sabot They are In my case More Accurat than the .430 300gr XTPs . When I was Reloading my 444 Marlin & 45-70 Marlin I used the Sierra bullets only and when I droped the hammer on a deer the never mad it further than 10 - 15 yds befor pileing up ( Sierra are great Bullets Would not hesatate useing them any time )

Ron

Back