Powerbelt bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Powerbelt bullets make me nervous!!! I have a new CVA LRX and the ELR bullets shoot really well out of it. But on occasion when loading I find the bullet stuck to the ramrod or detached from the base and sliding in the barrel. I do have the correct loading jag with cotton in it to reduce the contact on the tip. Has anyone tried gluing the base to the bullet to stop separation during loading? I figure heat and pressure will break it free once fired. Just a couple drops of super glue in the bottom of the base where the bullet stud can be seen.

I haven't shot the elr bullet so I can't say I've encountered your problem; however, I believe others have and were able to find a remedy that stopped the bullet from hanging up in the jag. Personally, I am not a fan of any bullet that has a plastic base attached to it, preferring a sabot and bullet combination. Super glue might come free upon firing since the plastic itself will have some slick properties to it, but super glue can be pretty darned stubborn too. If I were to try gluing the base to the stud I think I'd just add a small amount of simple Elmers to it which would also help keep the components found in super glue out of a super heated barrel.

Back