Sizing with RCBS Partner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have missed it but is you mold a Lee Aluminum mold? It Could be it got too hot and is not aligning properly? More than likely it whatsvthe others have said. Also check the holes in the mold where the pin for a lack of better words go into. You may have a little lead in there as well that prevents the mold from closing properly??

I may have missed it but is you mold a Lee Aluminum mold? It Could be it got too hot and is not aligning properly? More than likely it whatsvthe others have said. Also check the holes in the mold where the pin for a lack of better words go into. You may have a little lead in there as well that prevents the mold from closing properly??
It's an RCBS steel mold.

Are you planning to size the 11mm bullet down to .442 then patch it and shoot no sizing after? The sizing looks right to do that.

Have you shot those bullets much yet?
I wish, this is going on year two of this project. I finally got all the pieces together and my sizer was wrong, so I sent it back to Lee to have it inspected. I ordered some onion skin paper in what I thought was a ream but ended up being 100 sheets. Their eBay add was wrong, so that got sent back and apparently The Paper Mill has doubled their price on their ream of onion skin paper. I’m also needing to get a lead hardness tester but that’ll take a while since i’ve spent a ton lately to get up and running.

I ended up finding the guides for the mold were keeping the mold from closing. A couple of small taps and the mold closed completely.

I should probably start a new thread as I work my way through the process of getting this all set up and running. So to not have so many threads.

Latest posts

Back