Skin boats of the fur trade

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you know I have been an AMM member for years, reached the highest degree of Hiverano.  Ran their auction to pay off the AMM property at White Water Colorado along with another brother. Worked on different project through out the years until health conditions won't let be do the long period primitive camps anymore. Good for a few days at best, with that issue and not being able to share the camp duties as before I have become inactive. Your membership number and ranking will always remain the same and buried with you when its your time.

The AMM boys buffalo skin (canoe type) boat they show building would be much easier to handle than the older version of the round bull boat (buffalo skin). We built one 20 years ago and tried our maiden voyage on the Green River. The boat being round was the hardest vessel I have ever tried to travel any distance in (hard to steer). After several attempts by several of the others involved we sold that idea for someone else to play with.  :thumb down:

Latest posts

Back