slayed em today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a big fish eater but when I do its flounder, haddock, pollack, grouper and halibut. Basically whitefish. That said, we always cook our rockfish whole wrapped in foil with onions and other spices. Taste great to me, maybe like a grouper. Not very fishy at all.

Last edited:
My assumption is Tony is fishing Maryland waters (could be wrong!). Here in VA its offshore time and they have to be 28in. For the Chesapeake Bay here in VA:

Summer-Fall Season: May 16 through July 15, and resume August 1 through Dec. 10: Anglers would be able to keep one striped bass per person, per day, with a minimum size of 19 inches. During a chartered fishing trip, the captain or mate would not be permitted to land or possess striped bass for personal consumption.

Any good eating..?
They are outstanding table fare. Flaky white meat, mild on the fishy taste. Its great breaded & fried, baked, on the grill, or stuffed with crab imperial. They are not great fighters on the line though, like how a largemouth bass fights - unimpressive compared to a smallmouth half its size. I've done tons of trolling for them on big poles & reels, my fav way to catch them is on light spinning tackle in the saltwater or freshwater.

Back