slowjo from Ohio

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowjo

Reaction score
Hello all I'm new to ml and thought I'd join to learn a few things about the sport. I just picked up Remington genesis 50cal just
In time for Ohio's new early muzzleloader season next weekend. Took it to the range today and got it pretty close at 50 with the sabots that came with it. I'm confident I can kill a deer with it using open sights but from what I have read about modern muzzeloaders I know I can do better with it. So thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the forum. Its good to have you here.

I shoot a Remington Genesis .50 caliber also. The best group I ever shot was with that rifle. I was shooting 2 Pyrodex RS pellets and a 250 grain Barnes Expander. I also shot that same charge with 200 grains .40/.50 caliber shockwaves and again, very excellent groups.

I do have a Nikon Omega scope on the rifle. But it is a great shooting rifle.

:D

WELCOME ABOARD :!: :!: :!:
Glad you could join the group :!: You find or by asking all the answers to your questions here. A lot of free info by a bunch of guys who a few things about ML'ing. 8) Good luck hunting with your Remington.

Ray............. :wink:

Welcome to the Forum! This is a great place to get all the info you need to really get Hooked on ML's. Lots of Great people and info to be found here! Great to see another Buckeye on the board too! :wink: I'm from Southeastern Ohio myself. I just live and work in NY :( :roll: I would love to hunt the new Weekend but that one is hard for me. I will definitely be there opening day of gun season! Keep in mind you will now be able to hunt Regular January Muzzleloading season too!

Back