Smaller Caliber Squirrel Gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really want a smaller caliber inline I can use for a squirrel gun. Realizing there is nothing available from current manufacturers can anyone provide info on who might be able to make one for me. Thanks

donor gun + new barrel + smith costs. The trick is to keep the weight down. Typically you would be better off looking for a traditional style.

Re: RE: Re: Smaller Caliber Squirrel Gub

I wont quote a price because there's a lot involved and it would be best if you contact Jeff and tell him what you are looking for, how much you want to spend etc.

macon county boy said:
dbowling said:
might talk to Bestill(JEFF FISK) here on the forum he built me a awesome .32 inline.

pjsoden said:
What that cost

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

it sure is nice to be able to shoot BH and not have to swab for 10-15 shots or more, plus the custom is super accurate using BH.
My gun is so well balanced that it is a pleasure to carry in the woods, nothing like carrying my 10# air rifles when squirrel hunting.

Squeeze said:
donor gun + new barrel + smith costs. The trick is to keep the weight down. Typically you would be better off looking for a traditional style.

My knight/Green Mtn 32 cal is light and accurate too. But so is my FX Wildcat MK 2. Both are hard on tree rats!

I use my springer air rifles to squirrel hunt when using air guns, RWS 48,54, BEEMAN R-9 and my Favorite BSA Lightning XL .22.
I've only got 3 pcps and have never used any to hunt with yet.

pjsoden said:
My knight/Green Mtn 32 cal is light and accurate too. But so is my FX Wildcat MK 2. Both are hard on tree rats!

Rick (52bore) made my .32 Disc and it's by far the nicest muzzleloader I own. My advice on having one built; use a short barrel with a sharp taper, weight adds up quickly with every inch of steel that only has a 0.320" hole in it.

Would it be possible to take a TC Prohunter in 223 or 243 and send it out to Hankins or somebody and have a Breech plug installed? Then you would have a good bullet selection for squirrels and small game. You could then also shoot smokeless powder if you wanted.

You could but bullets would need to be sized and you probably wouldn't be able to get the velocity recommended by the bullet manufacturers.

Re: RE: Re: Smaller Caliber Squirrel Gun

Upper Hand said:
Rick (52bore) made my .32 Disc and it's by far the nicest muzzleloader I own. My advice on having one built; use a short barrel with a sharp taper, weight adds up quickly with every inch of steel that only has a 0.320" hole in it.
What did he build it off

Re: RE: Re: Smaller Caliber Squirrel Gun

Guessing a Knight Disc rifle

macon county boy said:
Upper Hand said:
What did he build it off

Latest posts

Back